Except for documents identified by specific statute or regulation as exempt from a charge (i.e. meeting minutes), a fee will be charged for extraordinarily large record requests (as allowed by NRS 239.055
). Extraordinary requests are considered meeting any one of the following criteria:
1. The requested public document consists of 25 or more single pages and the document contains confidential information which legal counsel advises must be concealed (aka redacted).
2. The requested public document is 50 or more single pages and the document must be printed out and provided as a paper copy.
3. The requester elects to inspect records and the estimated staff time exceeds one hour to accompany the requester during the inspection.
4. The request is to inspect records containing confidential information which must be redacted and it is estimated that staff time to prepare the document for onsite inspection will exceed an hour.
5. The same individual submits 2 or more records requests within 30 calendar days for documents of at least 50 single pages (electronic or paper). In addition to copying fees, as applicable, personnel time will also be charged.